Friday, August 24, 2007

Proper Channels


I've gotta release a flock of doves on the corrupt people in authority! I work in the education industry and I've been willfully seeking fulltime employment in my chosen field for approximately 5 years now. I have worked hard, upgraded my skills and sadly kissed some unsavoury ass to no avail. I decided on a new tact this past spring. Tell it like it is! You ask me a question, I'll give you an honest answer. This does not seem to be getting me full time employment but it's great for cleansing your soul and getting a good nights sleep.
I have sat back and watched numerous individuals, who have little or no talent, receive jobs based on who they know and who they are related to in local school boards. I'm not naive. I know how the working world works. I'm at peace with it. However, I just got a call from a friend, who has also been seeking full-time employment for a long freakin' time, she called HR about a particular job and was told that she would have to follow protocol to apply for it.
Okay deuce are you talking about the proper channels in place through the boards collective agreement or are you talking about the grapevine? Cause from my experience it's the latter that gets you hired in this nepotistic borough.
I personally don't come from a family of educators so I don't have numerous relatives and friends of relatives who will pull the necessary strings to get me hired.
I believe in old fashioned hard work and being properly trained, qualified and prepared to complete a job. It's funny but I know I should be releasing a mega dove of hate on these pathetic simpletons but I just don't think they're even worth my virtual angst. So put that in your backpacks you pencil pushing, mouth breathing, protocol twisting, pant suit wearing feebs!
Sebastian the bear (pictured above) is tired of their bullshit too!
B-spot out!

No comments: