Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mission Accomplished!



Well fellow haters the Liftlocks re-opened on Wednesday the 29th. There was still no public notfication and the only way to find out if the locks were functioning was to call the actual Liftlock, or pull up anchor and make a break for lock 19 one more time.
As an aside Lock 19 boasts the youngest lockmaster on the trent canal system - so I've heard - I don't know him personally but he did comment on Jolene's manly nipples on our first trip through the locks in May. We were all taken aback...because surely they are manly nipples but not many men feel secure enough to comment!
Anyway...the day was overcast and, as expected there was some backlog and the locks were running a little slower than usual. Guys with hard hats were still meandering around the Liftlock when we approached. Captain J was visibly agitated. We were behind schedule and his manly nipples were getting twisted! (Generally Jolene is pretty calm but I have witnessed some serious hating going on when he is faced with a line, such as in a bank or buffet restaurant).
As I relaxed and took in the view of our majestic claim to fame I couldn't help but notice that some local ass-hammers had defaced our beloved landmark. These hardcore jerkwabs would have had to propel themselves over the side of the lock to sprawl their incoherent message on the wall. I believe it says "Die Pigger Die". Which translated from the latin means "We're a bunch of buttholes who need a hobby"?
Oh my God! Haven't you guys heard of the water tower? There's actually stairs up to it and you might be able to scrawl something people can understand!
Okay, I'm not advocating public vandalism, but these knobs must've felt pretty manky when they came back in the light of day to view their artistic handywork! Fear of heights and fear of death do not make for good "spraycanmanship".
Here's an idea deucepiles! Start a blog. Get your message out in a healthy and legal manner! That's what I did...the body count has been reduced substantially! So I'm gonna release a mini-dove of hate on the misguided youth of today. They know not what they do, we've all been there so I don't want them saturated with dove deuce, I just want them to feel the warm trickle of the dove of hate on the shoulder of their anti-establishment t-shirts.

The final picture in my blog was taken on Clear lake as we powered into the second storm we encountered on our trip. Oddly I didn't see any other boats besides us underway.....hmmmm.
Brender Out
Later Haters!

No comments: